Một trong những yếu tố chấm điểm bài thi IELTS Writing của thí sinh là độ đa dạng về ngữ pháp. Vì vậy, việc thí sinh sử dụng được nhiều dạng cấu trúc câu có thể giúp cho bài viết của thí sinh đạt được band điểm tốt hơn về ngữ pháp, trong đó có đảo ngữ (Inversion). Bài viết này, tác giả Helland Phạm sẽ chia sẻ cho bạn tất tần tật kiến thức về đảo ngữ để các bạn có thêm kinh nghiệm và đạt được band điểm tối đa nhé
- 1. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI CỤM GIỚI TỪ ( Inversion with prepositional phrase)
- 2. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TRẠNG TỪ CHỈ THỜI GIAN & NƠI CHỐN (Inversion with adverbs of place)
- 3. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TRẠNG TỪ MANG NGHĨA PHỦ ĐỊNH (Inversion with negative adverbs)
- 4. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI ONLY (Inversion with Only)
- 5.ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES (Inversion with Under no circumstances)
- 6. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI NO SOONER… THAN (Inversion with No sooner..than)
- 7. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI SO (Invertion with So)
- 8. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TÍNH TỪ (Invertion with ADJ)
- 9. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI NOR (Invertion with Nor)
- 10. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI HERE IS, HERE ARE, HERE COMES, HERE COME
- 11. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI THERE IS, THERE ARE, THERE EXISTS, THERE COMES, ETC.
- 12. ĐẢO NGỮ TRONG CÂU ĐIỀU KIỆN
- 13. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI SO THAT
- 14. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TÍNH TỪ SO SÁNH HƠN
- 15. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI VERB-ED
1. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI CỤM GIỚI TỪ ( Inversion with prepositional phrase)
Ví dụ: At the back of the house was an untidy garden, much of which was taken up by a large and unkempt lawn.
Standing in the corner of the garden was a massively overgrown silver birch tree which towered over the roof of the garage.
Attached to the roof was an unsightly FM aerial.
Into the room ran the lady.
First comes love, then comes marriage.
After A comes B, then comes C, next comes D.
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
2. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TRẠNG TỪ CHỈ THỜI GIAN & NƠI CHỐN (Inversion with adverbs of place)
Here lies the body of our late lamented sovereign.
For the first hour the teams seemed evenly matched. Then came the turning point in the game as Ed scored.
That was the Final installment. Next is the news.
3. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TRẠNG TỪ MANG NGHĨA PHỦ ĐỊNH (Inversion with negative adverbs)
Little did we realise the true extent of his involvement.
Never have I seen such a disturbing sight,
Hardly had I arrived when Suzy collared me.
Never do I sleep.
Only at night can I study.
In no way could I help you with your Japanese grammar question.
I believe that only rarely will I need your help.
Not until I got home did I realize that my shoes were untied.
4. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI ONLY (Inversion with Only)
Only later did he manage to get permission.
Only with a great deal of effort was he able to escape.
5.ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES (Inversion with Under no circumstances)
Under no circumstances can refunds be given.
6. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI NO SOONER… THAN (Inversion with No sooner..than)
No sooner had we set out than the skies opened.
7. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI SO (Invertion with So)
The captain is refusing to play under these conditions and so is the rest of the team.
8. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TÍNH TỪ (Invertion with ADJ)
Beautiful beyond belief was my baby daughter.
Happy about their acceptance into their dream schools were Lany and Tomo.
Quick and painless will be your medical procedure.
9. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI NOR (Invertion with Nor)
No one has volunteered for the job, nor do weexpect anyone to volunteer in the future.
Hok-ming cannot speak Portuguese, nor canJosé speak Cantonese.
The zoo regulations will not permit you to touch the animals, nor would most people advise youto do so.
10. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI HERE IS, HERE ARE, HERE COMES, HERE COME
Here is some good food for you to try.
Here are the books that I don’t need anymore.
Here comes the bus!
11. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI THERE IS, THERE ARE, THERE EXISTS, THERE COMES, ETC.
There is a good restaurant nearby.
There comes a time in every person’s life when she realizes that she is responsible for her own happiness, not other people.
Scientists hypothesize that there exists a certain type of particle that can travel faster than the speed of light.
Chú ý: Most people remember there is and there are. BUT we must also remember that there are other verbs that we can use instead of is and are. The most common ones are exist, come, and go.
12. ĐẢO NGỮ TRONG CÂU ĐIỀU KIỆN
Had I remembered Tomomi’s birthday, she wouldn’t be mad at me now.
Note that the word if does NOT appear in the clause when inversion is used:
Had I remembered = If I had remembered
Should you need a hand, I will be more than happy to help you.
Should you need a hand = If you should need a hand
Were I you, I think I would study more for your exam tomorrow.
Were I you = If I were you
13. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI SO THAT
So happy was I that I bought flowers for everybody in class.
So quickly did she leave that we did not even realize was gone.
So rarely does a comet appear visible to the naked eye that when one does, it is considered a major event.
14. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI TÍNH TỪ SO SÁNH HƠN
Bigger than an apatosaur is the blue whale.
More important than your personal statement is your GPA.
No less impressive than the invention of the laser was the development of the wheel.
15. ĐẢO NGỮ VỚI VERB-ED
Found in San Francisco is Lombard Street, the so-called crookedest street in the world.
Lost among the old tables and chairs was the priceless Victorian desk.
Located between San Francisco and Marin County is the Golden Gate Bridge.
Given is the line graph comparing 4 countries in terms of the proportions of urban population
Qua bài viết trên, tác giả đã sẽ chia sẻ cho bạn tất tần tật kiến thức về đảo ngữ để các bạn có thêm kinh nghiệm trong các việc ôn luyện để chuẩn bị cho các kỳ thi sắp tới. Để có thêm nhiều kiến thức hay và bổ ích, hãy theo dõi TUHOCIELTS9 và group Tự học PTE-IELTS 9.0 thường xuyên nhé.
Xem thêm các bài viết liên quan đến IELTS WRITING dưới đây cực hay, đừng bỏ lỡ nhé.